8 Signs you're eating too much sugar
- Premature aging. Excessive sugar consumption can cause long-term damage to skin proteins, collagen and elastin, leading to premature wrinkles and aging. ...
- Constant cravings because of crazy fluctuations in you glucose levels
- Low energy. … high blood glucose can cause fatigue through inflammation. Blood vessels get inflamed by the sugar
- Unexplained bloating. … Sorbitol and fructose are sugars commonly found in processed foods. Our bodies have trouble digesting these sugars, which can then cause gastrointestinal distress like bloating.
- Weakened immune system. ...Eating or drinking too much sugar curbs immune system cells that attack bacteria. This effect lasts for at least a few hours after downing a couple of sugary drinks. Eat more fruits and vegetables, which are rich in nutrients like vitamins C and E, plus beta-carotene and zinc.
- Insomnia. … Sugar and insomnia are often are linked. This is usually due to sugar triggering metabolic imbalances such as anxiety and insulin dysregulation that interrupts sleep.
- Weight gain. Sugar is a carbohydrate, which will eventually turn into fat in the body.
- Moody…Sugar intake has been condemned as the cause of a large number of psychological problems, including alterations in mood, irritability, aggression, and violent behavior.
It's important that you pay attention to the signs and limit your sugar consumption. Check with your nutrition or wellness coach to help you determing the proper about you should consume without having to experience the signs.