Mayor Lenny Curry has ordered a mandatory evacuation for zones A and B starting at 8am Monday morning (9/2) including the beaches and other flood-prone areas.
Jacksonville Transportation Authority:
- JTA has suspended all scheduled transit services as they assist with evacuations.
- All beaches will close at Midnight, Sunday, September 1st. It is asked that everyone stays off the beach and out of the water.
- Curfews from 10pm to 6AM at Atlantic, Neptune and Jax Beach.
- Alcohol sales suspended until further notice.
- The Cummer Museum will be closed from Sunday, September 1st through Wednesday, September 4th.
- Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens will be closed Tuesday, September 3rd and Wednesday, September 4th.
- MOSH closed on Monday and will remain closed until further noticed.
- MOCA will be closed through Wednesday, September 4th.
Jacksonville School Closures
Mandatory evacuations for zones A & B will begin at 3pm on Tuesday, September 3rd. Shelters will open at 5pm.
Jacksonville Shelter Information
St. Johns County
A mandatory evacuation begins at 8:00 Monday morning for everyone living in zones A or B in St. Johns County--- that includes Saint Augustine, Saint Augustine Beach, and Ponte Vedra Beach.
Beaches / Parks:
- All vehicular access to St. Johns County beaches will be restricted beginning Sunday until conditions improve.
- Anastasia State Park Campground is closed and the park will close Saturday at sunset and remain closed through the duration of the storm.
- Matanzas State Forest has closed the following campgrounds: Cedar Creek Campground, Matanzas State Forest Group Camp.
- The Saint Augustine Amphitheater & Farmers Market will be closed Saturday, August 31st.
- Castillo de San Marcos and Fort Matanzas National Monuments are closed
- The Council on Aging offices will be closed Tuesday, September 3rd and Wednesday, September 4th. The closure includes all five senior centers, the Sunshine Bus and Para-transit.
Major Store Closures
The following stores have already closed.
- Walmart Neighborhood Market at 6855 Wilson Blvd, Jacksonville
- Walmart Supercenter at 1385 Amelia Plaza, Fernandina Beach
- Walmart Supercenter at 2355 US Highway 1 North, St. Augustine
- Walmart Neighborhood Market at 1650 San Pablo Road
- Walmart Supercenter at 464016 State Road 200, Yulee
- Walmart Supercenter at 6586 GA Highway 40, St, Marys GA
- Walmart Neighborhood Market at 2570 County Road 220, Middleburg
Continuously closing stores across Florida.
- Ponte Vedra Beach - 290 Solano Road, PONTE VEDRA BEACH, FL 32082
- Saint Marys - 2714 Osborne Road, SAINT MARYS, GA 31558
All local Publix stores will open on Tuesday however they will be closing early at 6 p.m.
Community First Credit Union:
All branches will be open on Tuesday, September 3 until 1:00 p.m. All branches and Member Experience Center will be closed on Wednesday, September 4.
Branches plan to re-open at normal time on Thursday, September 5. Depending on the storm's impacts, some branches may have a delayed opening.
VyStar Credit Union:
All branches in Duval, Clay and St. Johns counties will be closed through Thursday, September 5th.
Branches in Jacksonville, Clay and St. Johns counties will close starting Tuesday, September 3rd through Wednesday September 4th.
121 Financial Credit Union:
All branches in Duval and Clay counties closed at 1 pm Tuesday. They will all remain closed Wednesday, September 4th.
First Coast No More Homeless Pets:
Both locations will be closed all day Wednesday, September 4. They anticipate reopening for regular business hours on Thursday depending on the weather.
The Jacksonville Humane Society:
Closed on Wednesday, September 4th. All hospital appointments and surgeries scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday have been canceled. Meowmasté Cat Yoga, scheduled for Friday, Sept. 6, has been canceled.
Clerk of Courts
Clerk's Office Closed - Tuesday, Sept. 3rd and Wednesday Sept. 4th
In addition to our normal Labor Day closure on Monday, September 2nd, all Duval County Clerk of the Court offices will be closed on Tuesday and Wednesday, September 3rd and 4th due to Hurricane Dorian. This includes both the Duval County Courthouse and the Clerk’s beaches branch at 1543 Atlantic Blvd.
Jury service for those summonsed for Tuesday, September 3rd has been canceled and will not be rescheduled. If you have any questions regarding your service please call our Jury Services office at (904) 255-2087 during normal business hours.
The online foreclosure sale scheduled for Thursday, September 5th has been canceled.
Clerk’s Office locations and the Clay County Courthouse will be closed to observe the Labor Day holiday. In addition, our offices/buildings will also be closed on Tuesday, 9/3/19 and on Wednesday, 9/4/19, in light of the current predicted path of Hurricane Dorian.
Please Note: Anyone with court appearances scheduled for 9/3/19 or 9/4/19 with Judge Collins (Division C) will receive mailed notice that the appointment has been rescheduled for Friday, 9/13/19 or after. New times will be included on the mailed notices as well. Thank you.
The St. Johns County Courthouse and Clerk of Courts Office Closed through September 4 – Due to potential impacts from Hurricane Dorian, the St. Johns County Courthouse and the Clerk of Courts Office will remain closed through Wednesday, September 4. Weather permitting, the Courthouse and Clerk’s Office are anticipated to reopen at 8:00 AM on Thursday, September 5.
This page will be updated with Storm Closures when they occur.